Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays

I hope all my readers are finding time to enjoy the holiday merriment. We have three holidays approaching: The first night of Hanukkah on Dec 21st which is also the first day of winter, Christmas Eve and Day on Dec 24th & 25th, and Kwanzaa on Dec 26th.

I look at my little family and I have to admit that I am tempted to celebrate all the holidays not just my personal, traditional ones. I think it is because I am grateful to live in an area that is, not tolerant but instead embraces all the great things that different cultures offer. Yes, I am a "One Human Race" type of person. To me the diversity is enriching and provides a chance to be closer to friends, by learning about their personal beliefs and cultures. So, if you know someone who celebrates one of the mentioned holidays or any other, take not just a moment, to ask them about their history and culture.

Happy Holidays

No comments: